Wednesday, March 11, 2009

My world, My Mom...

Mther
"A little girl, asked where her home was, replied, "where mother is." ~Keith L. Brooks"
All along the years as I grew up, I never knew about the tradition of Mother's day. Mother's day came to my notice only the year I got married and moved to the US. I thought it was yet another hype created by the western world.. Years went by, and my transition into motherhood has shown me a whole new definition and light..

I have loved my mom more than any one one else in this world.. She is a very dedicated mom, an efficient home maker, who stayed at home to bring up my sister and myself, and take care of the family.. With my father's tiring touring job, she always provided all her support in taking of the family and managed the household efficiently. She is a very simple and a thoughtful person. She is a mother of all ideals.. As we grew up she was a strict disciplinarian. At the same time, she has always been my best friend, with whom I could sit down and talk about many things - may it be studies, books, movies, music and so on..
She was born as the youngest of six children, and was brought up in Mumbai. She got married quite young, and then moved to Tamil Nadu. My paternal grand parents had a huge extended family, and as we grew up, our house was always flooded with the members of this jing-bang family visiting us almost all through the year! No matter haw many guests visted us, she always treated every one with utmost respect and hospitality. Well, with a huge family, it is not always smooth..there are times when she had to go through some rough patches. But still, she always remained calm, and was an epitome of patience. It is this quality in her that has earned her so much love and affection from her friends and relatives to this day.

She has always been my mentor, and all I am today is because of her. To me, she is a gift from the divine authority. As I write this blog, I feel as if there is so much to write about her, and I have no words to express. At least, I am happy that I am able to express to the best of my abilities, and post this blog as a gift for her for this mothers day, for her to read! It is just all about making a Mom feel so special! Today, being a mom, I know how much I love my kids. When my kids wished me with a big hug and bright smile, and a cute hand-made card on this special day, my joy knew no bounds! It is not that my kids don't love and hug me the other days.....For the simple reason that however hyped it may seem...it is occasions like this that give us the chance to stop and think, and feel and express our love for our mother. And confer love and gladden a heart. I know this now, because it would make me happy to be thought of as a mother by my children and to be made to feel special by them. Its not just about one single day. Its about love. The love that is consistent and steady but needs some upliftment and richness every once in a while to stand out...to break the mould of routine and sameness and be elevated to the annals of cherished memories. I hope I can always give my mother that!

I Love you amma!! and I wish you a very Happy mother's Day!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hai sharmili akka,how are you and your family,i am kamesh amma pon mami peran.

    sai kamesh
    +919972628550

    ReplyDelete