Thursday, March 5, 2009

"The child is the father of man..."

No matter which part of the world we are, the life of a mom, I guess is the same!! All have the same chores, responsibilities to carry out, and of course, the same set of complains, and instructions to the kids!
I wonder how and when our lives were taken control by those little ones who come on board in our lives, even though we, as a parent, are under the impression that we control the life of our kids! I wonder how and when our priorities changed? I wonder how and when did this transition happen? The entire process is so well stage-managed by nature, I would say.. For every parent, and that too, for every mom Kids are precious gifts! We cherish every stage in their lives, and admire their growth and development at every milestone. And as they grow, we gradually tend to forget most of the things they did during their early stages, and we just tend to remember the recent past...And as they grow, we gradually get caught up with more responsibilities.. Well, nature made this process so hectic and handsful to parents that we don't have the time to think about it!

But, the fact is that children actually change the outlook of our lives, and make our lives valuable and more meaningful. In a way, they try to bring out all the good qualities from with us, trying to prove that positive feelings, and postive reinforcement is the key to success, harmony and happy life. As I respond to some of the cues that my child provides me, I realise that parenting, aside of being a joyful experience can also be a growth experience. May be that's the reason one said that "The Child is the father of man".....

In this modern age of globalisation, technology and busy world, the emotions of the parents are fragmented. We tend to focus more on the intellectual advancement, and often forget to balance the emotional needs. Children act as pivot, trying to balance and support our emotions. After a long day of work, the very sight of our tiny-tots at the end of the day brings out all the happiness from within us.. No matter how tired I am, I try to gather all my strength, and try to pull myself out of the routine, and spend time with my kids.. No matter even of we get upset with the kids for any small mistake they committed, the kid's anger is just superficial :) Within their little heart of hearts they always adore their parents! It may be surprising.. Most of the times my 7yr-old darling, at the end of the day, tired from the hard work at school, will be fast asleep before even I could go and tun off the lights in his room.. I tuck him inside his comforter, and slowly whisper "good night" in his ears.. and surprisingly, even in his deep sleep, he would reply back " good night.. Amma.."....This is what brings us happiness and awakens the true emotions from deep within...
So, the happiness and success of kids, in a way, reflect the harmony and success of their parents..Children actually charge the parents' emotions, and act as the driving force to lead our lives!






1 comment:

  1. Rajam, I had tears when I read about the child replying back in deep sleep - same thing happens to me too. Many times, I am working until 2 or 3 in the night and I then go to bed and before falling asleep, I hug my son and tell him "I love you" and he sometimes replies "I love you too mummy" and that happiness is beyond description!

    ReplyDelete