Friday, February 12, 2010

Valentine... ?

Valentines day…. There were days when I considered it as hype, and thought it was all too artificial.... Every point in life I gave it a different definition..

Today, my kids gave me a cute handmade Valentine, along with a gift, and insisted me that it should be at my desk in my office, and it should remind me of their love for me, always! Those words from my loved ones gave me a whole new definition this time, and a reason to celebrate Valentines Day! Yes, celebrate it for the sake of my kids (much to the J of my better half!).

True Love, laughter and support…. One gets all of these from the bosom of the family…Valentines day brings warm thoughts of close family ties... the thoughts of my best childhood days that I spent with my loving parents and sister, the love and support from my husband that grows every moment, the joy that I get in the company of my close friends…

In the real sense of the word, Valentine just means ‘True Love’. In a way, Valentines Day reminds us how much it means to love and to belong, and to cherish fond memories - For, true love and affection is what helps build strong hopes for a bright dawn of tomorrow... Just as every flower has a fragrance, and every song has a tune, so is life.. True love is the soul /sole (purpose) of ones life!

Happy Valentines Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment